Virtual reality in Education: Playing around with CoSpaces

I found CoSpaces in the summer holidays 2016-2017 and started playing around with the tools – there are some wonderful tutorials available on the YouTube channel and there is a Facebook group which links directly to the developers and a fantastic group of educators sharing their knowledge and experience with this awesome platform. As it is browser based, kids can work in a teacher-created account and collaborate on the scene being built. It opens up possibilities for creating all sorts of shared ideas – e.g. projects like statements about issues, scenarios from novels, art and sculpture parks and galleries, zoos and so on. The only limitation at present is the lack of being able to use a simple 3D model creator to import specific file types so that kids can make their own models to import – but I’m sure this will come. This platform also has Blockly coding tools built into the advanced interface so objects can be moved around. 3D panoramas can be imported so that customised scenes and experiences can be created. Music can also be added. The other reason I like CoSpaces is because it is cross platform across all devices you can access it via a 3DViewmaster headset for an immersive experience.

This is my very first trial which was at Christmas 2016. (Click in the picture then drag your mouse around.)

This is the art gallery I completed today for the VR course I’m doing through Edorble.